Review the questions below when someone is giving you property investment advice. If you don’t know the answers to these questions already, make sure you take the time to find out.
- Obtain great advice so you understand how property investment works and how it will work for you.
- Do you understand what negative gearing is?
- What is the difference between positive cash flow and negative cash flow?
- Understand the loan repayment structure. Are you paying principal and interest or interest only?
- Equity - What is it and how does it work?
- Make sure you find the right property manager to look after you. They must understand your needs. (click here to visit www.metropm.com.au)
- Understand how depreciation and tax deductions work.
- Get good advice on the right place to invest for you. Buying an investment property where you live might not be the right strategy for you.
- There are several different ways to purchase an investment property. What entity will work best for you and your plans for the future.
- We all have Super, but what is your Super doing for you? Did you know you can purchase an investment property with your Super funds? You will need to set up a Self Managed Super Fund (SMSF)?
We are here to guide you throughout the process so never stop asking questions, because that’s how we stretch ourselves to learn something new!!