We understand that you are concerned about privacy in relation to the use and disclosure of your Personal Information. We are committed to providing a high standard of privacy in relation to all Personal Information that is collected by us. This Policy applies to us but may not be applied to all other companies, organisations or websites to which we are linked.
• Our employees, agents or independent contractors or any person who applies to become such an employee, agent or independent contractor.
• Prospective or actual suppliers;
• Prospective or actual Vendors, Purchasers, Owners/Landords and Tenants;
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU.
For the purposes of this Statement, "Personal Information" is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not it is recorded in a material form. The types of Personal Information generally collected by us may differ, depending on whether you are or would like to become a landlord, tenant, vendor, purchaser, supplier, employee, independent contractor or agent.
Generally, the type of Personal Information collected by us includes your name, address, e-mail address, mobile and telephone numbers and facsimile numbers. If relevant, we may also require details of your company's ABN and/or ACN, financial information including bank statement and credit card details, profit and loss statements, balance sheets, your employer, your occupation and title and mortgage details of any relevant property. Dependent on your relationship with us we may be required to photograph the inside of your home &/or the property you reside in (this may be in the form of video or photographs).
You may deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym. However, in most circumstances it is not possible to do so due to the fact if you do not provide us with the Personal Information that we require or if you provide it in a way that does not identify you, please be aware we are likely to be unable to carry out the services requested by you.
We may use of Social Media Sites to obtain other information about you which may itself constitute Personal Information or which, when combined with other information, is capable of identifying you, including photos, videos and any other information that you include on our Social Media Sites or sites linked to our Social Media Sites ("Other Sites"). The level of information to which we have access may depend on your privacy settings on such websites, so please be aware of these settings on these sites.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION - HOW DOES METRO USE OUR INFORMATION?
Any Personal Information that we collect will be used by our companies to provide you with the services that you have requested or otherwise for us to carry out our functions as professional real estate agents and for the following purposes:
• Responding to your enquiries and feedback regarding our business, our products and services;
• Supplying our products and services to you;
• Monitoring the performance of our business;
• Providing quality assurance for our services;
• Marketing including email marketing, promotional and educative activities, including to advise you about investment opportunities and other matters that we believe may be of interest to you; (please see our paragraph below on how to cease receiving mailed or emailed material from us should you not wish to do so)
• Ensuring compliance with our statutory obligations;
• Conducting appropriate credit checks; and
• Referral to a mortgage broker or financier, subject to express consent/permission.
• Enforcing the terms and conditions of our engagement with you;
We do not and will not rent, sell or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any other company or organisation, without your prior consent, where that consent is required by law. You specifically authorise us to use and disclose your Personal Information in the following ways and for the following purposes:
• To third party consultants who may from time to time manage our database or computer system;
• To potential tenants, to tradespeople and to other persons to whom we outsource functions of or incidental to acting for a landlord;
• Of or incidental to promotion and marketing to you of our services or those of our business partners or affiliates, including but not limited to advising you about investment opportunities and other matters that we believe may be of interest to you;
• To other real estate agents or other third parties if required by a landlord or a landlord's financier or legal representative, for the purpose of appraising or valuing a property;
• To media organisations, on the internet, to potential buyers or to existing or potential clients, to property inspection consultants, property valuers, business valuers, to owners corporations, to government and statutory bodies, financial institutions or financial products and services providers;
• To the general public when advertising or marketing your rental property (or your home if you are our tenant) including internet advertising or marketing, for the purposes of re-leasing or selling the property;
• As required by law, including where requested by police; and
• Any other disclosure of or incidental to our carrying out our functions as professional real estate agents.
• To the landlord/owner, referees, the Bond Authority, other agents and third party operators of tenancy reference databases including where a tenant has failed to comply with any contractual obligations specified in the relevant tenancy agreement and to other sources necessary to identify and evaluate a potential tenant;
• Of or incidental to a sale of all or part of our business to a third party;
• By communicating with us or by continuing to request our services, including but not limited to by attending one of our offices, attending an open for inspection, making enquiries via email or phone; and/or
• by visiting any website or social media site established by us, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+, Youtube and Linked In ("Social Media Sites"); and
• by participating in any activity on a Social Media Site including but not limited to entering competitions, subscribing to our blog, posting, pinning or uploading any material on any Social Media Site, following, liking and/or commenting on us or anything on any Social Media Site ("Social Media Activity").
• by visiting our website or participating in an online enquiry;
• providing us with your contact details and consenting in writing for such details to be conveyed to a mortgage broker or financier;
PERSONAL INFORMATION USING SOCIAL MEDIA – WHAT WE DISCLOSE.
By engaging in any Social Media Activity on our Social Media Sites, you agree to and are subject to the terms and conditions of such Social Media Sites. Any Personal Information tagged, posted or uploaded by you onto Social Media Sites can be disclosed in accordance with the terms and conditions and privacy policies of certain Social Media Sites.
Photos and other material tagged or posted to Social Media Sites will be able to be viewed by the general public. Such photos and other material may be re-tagged and re-posted by others and will be visible by anyone visiting the locations to which the photos or other material have been re-tagged and added to. You may be able to remove the photos or other material that you have tagged or posted from the location at which you tagged or posted it. However, any material that has been re-tagged will be out of our control and we will not be able to remove it from any re-tagged location, nor will you yourself. We are not responsible for any material that has been re-tagged or re-posted.
We reserve the right to remove any photos, comments or other material that is in any way inappropriate or offensive (in our opinion) from our Social Media Sites.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information may be collected in the following ways:
• When you negotiate with us in respect of purchasing or renting a property;
• When you make a general or specific telephone enquiry;
• When you provide your details to us at an "open for inspection" property or an auction;
• When you send an email to us;
• When you ‘chat’ to us via our Online Chat option via our website/s;
• When you visit our website and complete an on-line enquiry or a form for the purpose of requesting and/or accessing certain services on that website, including, but not limited to our Property Alert function or Newsletter Subscription function;
• When you engage us or discuss engaging us to provide services or advice to you;
• When we inspect a rental property or property for sale;
• When you provide to us or we collect your business card;
• Any other collection of or incidental, directly or indirectly related to the services we may be able to provide to you.
• From third parties such as credit reporting agencies;
• From publicly available sources of information;
• Through analysis of the Social Media Sites conducted by us or by third parties on our behalf;
When you look at our website, we may make a record of your visit. The following information may be logged for statistical purposes:
• Your Internet protocol (IP) address;
• The date and time of your visit to the site;
• The pages you have accessed and documents downloaded; and
• The type of browser you were using.
Any such statistical analysis does not identify you.
Tracking technologies such as cookies may be used on our website to recognise a user’s browser each time that user visits our site and to track which pages the user visits whilst on our site and also to push advertisements to your internet protocol address. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to a computer’s hard drive for record keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies. These tracking technologies do not personally identify the user. If you do not wish to receive any cookies you may set your browser to refuse them. However, your use of our website may be affected.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to ensuring the security of your Personal Information and we will take all reasonable steps to protect this Information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including:
• restricting access to personnel who need that information in order for us to be able to provide our products and services;
• ensuring the physical security of our premises and databases/records; and
• industry standard technological measures, such as computer passwords, data back-up, anti-virus software and firewalls.
Our website contains links to other websites. We have no control over the privacy practices employed at other websites and we accept no responsibility for Personal Information provided via unsecured websites
Please note that our website does not provide systems for secure transmission of Personal Information across the internet, except where otherwise indicated. When emailing or providing Personal Information to us via our website, please be aware that there are risks involved in transmitting such information across the Internet.
We cannot provide any guarantee with respect to the security of your Personal Information and we will not be liable for any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to the website being linked to the Internet.
HOW TO CHECK AND CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our Privacy Officer will ensure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up to date and relevant to the purpose for which we are able to use your Personal Information.
If you wish to amend your Personal Information because it is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, or if you wish your Personal Information to be deleted, please contact our Privacy Officer.
If you do not wish to receive future mailout or emailed information you do not have to, just let us know.
In each direct marketing communication that you receive from us we will endeavour to attach simple instructions on how you can immediately unsubscribe from our mailing list. In any event, you can opt out from receiving direct marketing material by e-mailing our Privacy Officer and asking to be removed from the mailing list. Alternatively, you can fax or mail a request asking for deletion. Contact details are set out at the end of this statement.
DO YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT?
If you believe that we have not complied with our obligations pursuant to the Act, or have a complaint about the use or disclosure of your Personal Information by us, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Our Privacy Officer is responsible for liaising with you and with the relevant agency staff to ensure that the issues you have raised are fully examined, and that your complaint is handled in accordance with this process.
We will treat the process, and all the details of your complaint, in strict confidence. If we need to discuss any issues arising from your complaint with someone outside of the agency, we will obtain your consent first.
We will always try to give you a fair opportunity to explain your case. You should make your initial complaint as clear as possible. We may want to meet you in person to discuss your concerns and try to find a satisfactory solution.
HOW WE RESPOND TO YOUR COMPLAINT
We will endeavour to resolve your complaint as soon as possible. However, the length of this time will depend on the nature and complexity of the issues you have raised. You will receive acknowledgement of receipt of the complaint from us within five business days. We will give you an estimate of how long it may take us to deal with the matter but we will endeavour to finalise the matter within 30 days.
If we decide that your complaint is justified, we will then decide what action we should take in response. We will always try to match our response to the nature of your complaint and your desired outcome, but this may not always be possible.
Some of the things that we decide to do include:
• Provide you with additional information or advice so you can understand what happened or how we have dealt with it
• Take steps to change our policies or procedures if your complaint identifies a problem in the way we are doing things
• Take steps to rectify the problem or issue you have raised
Sometimes it will not be possible to resolve a complaint to everyone’s satisfaction, and you might want to escalate the matter to the Privacy Commissioner via an online privacy complaint form which can be found at: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint.
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
Metro Property Management & Metro Property Sales
Our Privacy Officer is Helen Matsoukas - General Manager (Metro Property Management) & O.I.E.C. (Metro Sales)
P: 03 9831 3000
F: 03 9836 3433
Suite 9, Level 2, 400 Canterbury Rd, Surrey Hills VIC 3127